Rami’s is not the resignation we had in mind, and it won’t suffice.
1) On the resignation of Rami Makhlouf, AKA Father Teresa: We want to topple the regime, not give it a facelift.
2) Armed Salafsit gangs don’t burry the bodies of their victims in some anonymous mass grave, rather, they take videos of their own killings and post them on YouTube themselves for maximum impact and publicity. Then they would leave the bodies in the streets for the dogs as a further sign of disdain. This has been their established behavior pattern in Iraq, Afghanistan, Pakistan and elsewhere.
3) Armed Salafist gangs wouldn’t waste hours trying to dislodge a statue of Hafiz Al-Assad by hand or by using a bulldozer, they’d rather blow it up with a few sticks of dynamite, or a little bit of C4?
4) After more than 15,000 arrests since the beginning of the revolution, Assad security forces have so far failed to produce any single credible evidence of the existence of armed Salafist gangs. A hapless video testimony by some unknown individual every now and then might be enough for Assad loyalists and state-run media, but they only serve to argue the opposite case in the minds of objective observers.
5) So far Assad’s propagandists have failed to produce a single video of an actual combat against these armed Salafist gangs, despite the fact they have allegedly been fighting them for over three months now.
6) Message from residents of the Occupied Golan to Bashar Al-Assad: We’ve been waiting for 40 years for your father then you to liberate us from the armed gangs that have been terrorizing us, yet, and after all this wait, you send your tanks to Deraa, Rastan and Jisr Ashoughour and you send us a few hapless unarmed Palestinian kids!?